This five point acupressure circuit will help your body to balance duality energies in, and restore the energetic coordination of your brain.
This circuit comes from the book Five Point Touch Therapy by Pierre-Noël Delatte, MD.
Five Point Technique Application
The purpose of the technique is to stimulate all five acupressure points through touch, so that you are aware of them all at the same time once you've completed the circuit.
On the first application, press each spot firmly, but not painfully, for about five seconds before moving to the next.
Don't be afraid to re-stimulate a spot that you do not feel afterwards.
Once all five spots are similarly sensitive and you're aware of them, cycle through the entire circuit three times, stopping for a second or two at each acupressure spot. Remember you're aiming to feel all five points activated at the same time.
Five Point Circuit for Restoring the Energetic Coordination of the Brain
Point 1: Conception Vessel 24 (Right)
- In the depression in the center of the mentolabial groove, inferior to the middle of the lower lip.
- This point is in the depression in the center of the groove below the lower lip.
Point 2: Spleen 14 (Right)
- Midway between the umbilicus and the superior part of the right hipbone.
- Picture an imaginary line between your navel and the top part of your right hipbone. The point is in the center of this imaginary line.
Point 3: Triple Heater 5 (Left)
- On the left wrist, 5cm proximal to the dorsal wrist crease between the radius and ulna, close to the radial bone.
- Please your left hand on your right shoulder and relax your left arm against your chest. This enables you to uncross the two bones of your left forearm.
- Now take the first three fingers of your right hand and press between the arm bones, about 5cm from the base of your wrist, about where a watch usually rests.
Point 4: Stomach 36 (Right)
- At the crest and to the external side of the right tibia, just below the kneecap.
- Place the palm of your right hand on your right kneecap while stretching your right leg out.
- Center your hand so that your middle finger lies along the middle axis of the tibia, the large bone.
- Move your ring finger a little to the right hand side, so that it slips into the little depression right next to top of the tibia, where the main bulbous end is.
- This spot is sensitive, so feel around a little on the bone until you find the sensitive spot.
- There is a slight depression between the two leg bones at this point, which may be easier to activate if you use your thumb to press and activate the point.
Point 5: Special Point (Left Foot)
- On the back of the left foot, between the extensor tendons of the third and fourth toes, about 2cm from their base.
- This point is on the back of the left foot, about 2cm from the base of the toes, between the tendons of the third and fourth toes.
Complete five point circuit for Restoring the Energetic Coordination of the Brain
- Remember to cycle through this three times once you feel sensitivity in all five points simultaneously.